Simulation of the conversion of organic substrates into VFA by anaerobic fermentation is carried out by mathematical modelling at metabolic level based on research developments carried out during the last 8 years. The service can consist on any of the following elements:
- Simulation of the product spectrum for a given mix of substrate(s) at given operational conditions.
- Dynamic simulation of anaerobic fermentation for common substrates for design purposes, including batch fermentation.
- Proposal of suitable operational conditions for anaerobic fermentation (e.g. pH, loading rate, retention time).
Simulation studies require a complete substrate analytical characterisation in terms of carbohydrate composition, amino acid composition, moisture content, etc. Upon demand, it is possible to carry out the substrate characterisation at USC (at a fee).
Interested in this service?
Get in touch!
- Right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Right of access, rectification, portability and deletion of their data, and limitation or opposition to their processing.
- The right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority (www.aepd.es) if he or she considers that the processing is not in accordance with the regulations in force.